Friday, October 29, 2010

Baskin Robbins Malaysia

Baskin Robbins Malaysia

No matter who or where we are in malaysia, we come in contact with global multinational corporations everyday in our lives. How we interact with these giant companies and how they respond to us is always a very interesting subject to me. Some companies have a proper customer service department tracking all customer queries and complaints as valuable inputs with a systematic approach and timeline to respond to them. There are also others who really couldnt give a hoot. This Blog is to just highlight some of the practices, whether good or bad and also to give everyone a chance to voice out their experiences too.

One of the encounter that i want to share with everyone is Baskin Robbins. Few months back i bought some ice cream at the 1 utama counter and as i was accepting my change, i notice that they put up a mini sign next to the teller.

Baskin Robbins outlet in 1U

Baskin Robbins outlet in 1U

The sign says ” if you do not get receipt, please call 03-2288 8831′, which so happens that cashier forgot to give me! Curios as to what will happened, i call the number the next day….

The mini sign next to the cashier

The mini sign next to the cashier

Call attempt # 1 : I called and the receptionist is dumbfounded as to the reason i call and she cant pinpoint who to pass my call to. I was passed around several times and the call got drop

Call attempt #2 : I called again and told the receptionist to take my contact instead. I told her just leave a note to whoever and whats the reason im calling

Few hours passed and finally someone from baskin robbins marketing dept called me back…

BR Lady : Yes, Sir i understand you left a message for me?

Me: Yes, im calling in regards to your 1 utama outlet, they didnt or they forgot to issue me a receipt as i saw the notice on the cashier, it says to call if we didnt get a receipt.

BR Lady: Oh….. i see.In that case, Thank you. Will there be anything else?

ME: er…is that it?

BR Lady : Yes? will there be anything else?

Me:in that case, no.

BR Lady: Thank you *She hung up*

I was really dumbfounded with the whole conversation with the marketing lady from baskin robbins. I wasnt expecting a free bucket of ice cream as i was just curious to see what will happen when customers actually calls the number. Still, it would at least be nice for them to at least explain why they wanted customers to call them, be apologetic and actually make the customer feel appreciated for taking the time & $$$ to call them!

So what do you guys think? let me hear your thoughts on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment